Who is Commander Shepard? Edit
Commander Shepard is the main character of the Mass Effect trilogy. Shepard's appearance is fully customizable, including his/her gender, although there is a default male character model. Also customizable are Shepard's pre-service history, psychological profile, and military specialization. Regardless of customization, Shepard was born on April 11, 2154, is a graduate of the N7 special forces program, and is initially assigned to the SSV Normandy as Executive Officer. In the first Mass Effect, Shepard becomes the first human to join the Spectres, an elite special task force for the Citadel Council, and is tasked with the mission of finding Saren, a rogue Spectre. At the beginning of Mass Effect II, Shepard is killed in action, but is revived to help combat another threat against humanity.
"They tell me its a suicide mission. I intend to prove them wrong."
Contest History Edit
Win-Loss Record: 3-3
Summer 2008 Contest - Division 8 - First Group
- Division 8 Round 1 --- 4th place, 17631 [13.38%] - Sonic the Hedgehog, 48531 [36.83%] - Sandbag, 32924 [24.98%] - Magus, 32683 [24.80%]
With only one game out, Shepard was basically an afterthought in this match and wasn't really expected to do much. As expected, Shepard took a distant last, taking a backseat to the fight for second.
Winter 2010 Contest - Gear Division - 4 Seed
- Gear Round 1 --- Defeated (13) Ellis, 50052 [75.79%] - 15987 [24.21%]
- Gear Round 2 --- Lost to (5) Pikachu, 31503 [38.99%] - 49287 [61.01%]
- Extrapolated Strength --- 20th place [31.10%]
With Mass Effect 2 newly released, Shepard was the easy favorite to advance to the inevitable loss to Pikachu. As expected, Shepard beat Ellis, but did so in a surprisingly convincing manner, pulling off a tripling. He then lost respectably to Pikachu, coming fairly close to breaking 40% in the match. Thanks to Pikachu pulling off an incredibly good performance against Solid Snake, Shepard ended up looking very good in the x-stats.
Summer 2013 Contest - Division 1 - 2 Seed
- Division 5 Round 1 --- 1st place, 17993 [54.01%] - (17) Captain Olimar, 9829 [29.50%] - (26) Kain, 5491 [16.48%]
- Division 5 Round 2 --- 1st place, 15225 [41.60%] - (20) Aerith Gainsborough, 14507 [39.64%] - (5) Tharja, 6865 [18.76%]
- Division 5 Final --- 3rd place, 13829 [11.34%] - (3) Draven, 54468 [44.65%] - (1) Link, 53703 [44.02%]
There was a bit of a debate to where Shepard ranked, some people felt he would rank along with the near-elites while others expected him to flop now that the Mass Effect 2 hype had died and Mass Effect 3 did not fill it. His first round performance was decent though we did not have much solid concrete numbers. In the second round he was able to use the day vote to comeback from Aerith's early lead and win in a close match. Sadly we do not know his true strength as he was largely ignored in the third round and suffered from Last Place Factor.