Hail to the King, baby.
Duke Nukem is quite possibly the most badass character ever, as he takes the word "badass" to completely new and unforseen extremes. While he started life as a generic platform action hero on the PC, the release of Duke Nukem 3D made him a mainstream star. The game has an "Adult Mode", which you can turn off the game's partial nudity and swearing.
"Duketalk" is probably the best feature of all time. When active (and it starts active), Duke Nukem makes comments during the game. These comments are ridiculously badass, and pretty much give the game its flavor and attitude. Duke Nukem is loosely based off Ash, the hero of Army of Darkness (played by Bruce Cambell). Some of his notable lines include:
- Damn. Those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride! (first line of the game)
- Nobody steals our chicks... and lives!
- It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum.
- That's one doomed space marine! (in reference to the Doom hero being dead)
- Let God sort 'em out! (when you blow up a bunch of enemies)
- I'm Duke Nukem, and I'm coming to get revenge on you alien bastards!
- Always bet on Duke. (From the Duke Nukem Forever trailers)
As far as tournament showing, Duke Nukem is nowhere to be seen. Because Duke Nukem Forever hasn't come out despite 10+ years of planning, Duke Nukem was given a milk carton as his tournament picture. It simply asks, "Have you seen me?" Of course hell froze over and DNF was released in 2011, so maybe Duke can benefit from it?