The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a 1998 action-adventure game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 64. It is the first fully 3D title in the Legend of Zelda franchise. It was released on a 32 megabyte cartridge, the largest capacity cartridge Nintendo produced at the time. Ocarina of Time is considered by many reviewers and gamers alike to be one of the greatest games of all time, holding a score of 99/100 on Metacritic, the highest rated game on such. 7.6 million copies were sold worldwide.
Oh, and Link is a child at the beginning of the game, but nobody really cares about that part.
Ocarina of Time, like most things Zelda related, has a completely dominant performance in the GameFAQs Contests. As such, it's drawn a bit of blowback from certain portions of the crowd who don't particularly care for it winning all the time and/or its fanbase looking at it with thick "nostalgia goggles". In the Spring 2004 Contest, it lost in the quarter-finals due to bad bracket design that put it against Final Fantasy VII long before the finals, but it was the winner of the Spring 2009 Contest after defeating said game. It lost a decisive match to the rallied Undertale in the Fall 2015 Contest after reaching the finals.
Notable Matches Edit
- (1)Final Fantasy VII vs (2)The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 2004
- Final Fantasy VII vs The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past vs The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vs Final Fantasy X 2009
- Final Fantasy VII vs The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 2009
- Undertale vs The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 2015
- Final Fantasy VII vs The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 2015